Find answers to commonly asked questions.
1. How do SESTO AGVs and AMRs navigate? Do they need lines, strips or markers?
Each SESTO AGV or AMR is powered by a high-precision laser-based navigation system and this means that all of our AGVs and AMRs do not require any installations of lines, strips or markers to your existing environment.
2. How do the lasers on the AGV and AMR work?
SESTO AGV and AMR consistently scan the environment with high speed lasers and make comparisons with their stored maps to determine their location. This makes SESTO AGV and AMR robust in their navigation performance.
3. How are the AGV and AMR controlled or managed?
The fleet management (traffic management, task management) is controlled by SESTO Fleet Management Server while the AGV and AMR’s navigation system are local to the AGV/AMR. This means that even if there is a loss of communication to the server, the AGVs and AMRs will still be able to navigate throughout the facility.
4. How does each AGV or AMR communicate with each other?
The communication for all SESTO systems is done via WiFi or LAN connection.
5. What network requirements are needed for the AGVs and AMRs to work?
Requirements will differ based on your setup architecture. Write in to email@example.com and share with us your intended setup to find out more.
6. I am using a third-party enterprise system to manage my work flow. Is your AGV/AMR system compatible with mine?
Our AGV/AMR system is compatible with all WMS using our SESTO public API. With this API, you will be able to send commands, task, get AGV/AMR status, etc.
7. Can SESTO AGVs and AMRs take lifts and pass through automated doors? How do they do it?
Yes! This is done using our SESTO Smart Device which will manage the lifts and doors.
8. Are SESTO AGVs and AMRs safe to use among people?
Yes! SESTO AGVs and AMRs are design to worldwide safety standards to operate among humans and in highly dynamic environments.
9. I am interested in becoming a distributor/ sales representative for SESTO. How can I contact you?
Thanks for your interest! Please fill in the application form and we will get back to you shortly.